This recipe can be made for a group of people or just for yourself! I made it pretty quickly, and it was very easy to make a single serving. Not to mention, this recipe has only 4 ingredients! It includes your protein, fiber and carbs all in one bowl; the ideal concoction for dinner.
Can it get any better than that?
Really, you can make any bowl dish like this. You can replace the chicken sausage with any type of protein, and use as many different types of veggies as you like! I wanted to make a really easy and simple dinner the other night, so I stuck with the good ‘ol, fiber-packed broccoli.
The ingredients are simple: one source of protein, a source of vegetables, a source of carbs, and your sauce to add some more flavor. I’m usually a creamy sauce kind of gal, but I wanted to keep my dinner light. So I used some Tomato Basil Marinara, adding a little more veggies to the dish (that’s how it works right?). I also usually load up on the veggies and protein, which outweigh the carbs. Many times, people will cook pasta with more noodles than the other ingredients, but I find that less healthy and I’m left with way more noodles than I need.
Check out the delicious recipe below and let me know what you think!
Chicken Sausage & Broccoli Spaghetti (makes 4 servings)
- 4 Cups of Broccoli Florets
- 8 oz of uncooked Spaghetti noodles (or your favorite type of noodle)
- 2.5 Cups of Tomato Basil Marinara
- 4 sliced links of Trader Joe’s Spicy Jalapeno Chicken Sausage (or your favorite protein)
- Boil water for your noodles. In a separate pot, boil water for the broccoli.
- Once water comes to a boil, place noodles in the pot and broccoli in the other.
- As the noodles and broccoli are cooking, slice the chicken sausage links.
- Microwave the marinara, covered, in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute.
- Then microwave the chicken sausage for 45 seconds.
- Once noodles and broccoli are cooked, drain the water.
- Place all ingredients in the pot with the noodles and stir thoroughly.
Questions? Leave a comment or send an email!