I’m embarrassed to admit that I finally found time to make it to the grocery store. It’s been 3 weeks! I’m not sure how often you usually go grocery shopping, but I go once a week. Usually. I try to buy fresh, unprocessed food which doesn’t last as long as packaged foods. And I hate when my kitchen starts to look empty, and I have to start eating out because I don’t have the time to get to the store.
Well, that’s exactly what happened to me the past couple of weeks. I have been so busy, running around like a chicken with its head cut off, that I haven’t had time to slow down. I’ve been trying as hard as I can to eat healthy without much food in the house, but it’s difficult and expensive!
Anyway, I finally made it to the store and picked up my favorites and essentials. This week has been so much better just because I’ve been able to cook and eat at home. So, this recipe is for those who are just as busy or busier than I am. It’s so easy and delicious! Not to mention, it’s healthy. It only has 3 main ingredients! You honestly don’t have an excuse NOT to make this recipe at home. You can make it for multiple people, but since I cook for myself and only myself, I cooked for 1.
Please try my Spinach Chicken Veggie Bowl and let me know how it turns out or if you make any revisions!
Spinach Chicken Veggie Bowl (4 servings)
- 4 Links organic spinach chicken sausage (I used The Original Brat Hans from Whole Foods)
- 4 Cups frozen mixed vegetables (I used 365 Coastal Blend)
- 2 Cups cooked brown rice (1 Cup uncooked)
- Garlic to taste *optional
- Pepper to taste *optional
- If the rice is not cooked already, pour 1 Cup of uncooked brown rice in 1 Cup of boiling water and 1 Tbsp. of butter (*optional). Cover with lid and let simmer for 30 minutes. Drain any extra water if needed.
- Slice chicken sausage links and place in a skillet. Cook on medium-high heat for 10 minutes, occasionally stirring. Add garlic and pepper to taste if desired.
- Pour 4 Cups of frozen vegetables into 4 Cups of boiling water. Once the water starts boiling again, reduce down to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain any extra water if needed.
- Once everything is cooked, place rice in a bowl and top with veggies and chicken sausage.
Questions? Leave a comment or send an email!